Announcement from Virgin Labfest
The 8th Virgin Labfest (2012) now open for script submissions
|Poster of 7th Virgin Labfest 2011|
The 8th Virgin Labfest (2012)
now open for script submissions
For 2012, submissions are requested for the following written works:
1. One-act plays, (maximum running time: 40 minutes)
2. Full-length plays, (minimum running time: 1 hour 20 minutes; maximum running time: 2 hours)
3. All submitted works must NOT have previously been
- published in book form;
- staged commercially for more than two performances
(staged readings, one-time workshop productions are allowed);
- awarded any literary or drama recognition in competitions and the like
4. Works may be in Filipino or English.
The festival is open to various themes and genres. While we continue to uphold this principle, this year, however, the Virgin Labfest hopes to include works that fall into these categories:
1. Regional Language plays: plays written in Hiligaynon, Cebuano and/or Ilocano.
2. Plays for children (special venue)
Submission Deadline is on MARCH 31, 2012
|Poster of 6th Virgin Labfest 2010|
1) In .doc or .pdf format only to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
2) Deliver at least two hard copies of the manuscript to
DRAMATIC ARTS DIVISION
Performing Arts Department
Cultural Center of the Philippines
Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Submissions should indicate name and contact address of the playwright.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
What do you think of the Virgin Labfest? Share your comments.