Announcement from Contemporary Dance Network Manila
|A dance number from Wifi Body Independent|
Contemporary Dance Festival 2010.
Wifi Body Independent Contemporary Dance Festival
announces call for entries to the
3rd Uncensored Bodies Dance Video Competition
All entries must be submitted by June 24, 2012.
This year's theme is "Aspire to Dance, Aspire for Dance."
A definition of 'video dance' is movement-based work that is conceived and/or choreographed for viewing on a single screen, be it a TV, monitor or by projection, and that exists as a work in its own right, i.e. it is not part of a live performance. (http://www.makingvideodance.com)
Uncensored Bodies Dance Video Competition is part of
Wifi Body Independent Contemporary Dance Festival.
This year's festival is July 4-14, 2012.
The festival is organized by Contemporary Dance Network Manila.
Qualifications to enter:
- Submission is open to certified Filipino citizens only.
- Works created prior to 31 June 2011 are disqualified.
- Films that are documentations of live performances will be disqualified.
- Members of the Wifi Body Festival Committee are disqualified from joining the competition.
Note: We wish to extend the language of dance in the manner that only the filmic language and image can achieve. We will put emphasis on the videos that most articulate the concerns of contemporary dance.
- Interested parties may submit a maximum of three (3) entries, but only one (1) entry per participant may be considered as a finalist.
- Film duration must be ten (10) minutes or less.
- Due to copyright laws, music used in the film must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
- All entries must be in DVD format.
- Shipments of entries to the Festival must be prepaid. The organizing office shall not accept collect shipments.
- Contemporary Dance Network Manila reserves the right to screen and publicize the selectedfilms for festival purposes only.
How to enter:
Submit the following on or before June 24, 2012:
- Mail or deliver your film in DVD format to
Contemporary Dance Network Manila
36-E West Avenue, Quezon City, 1104 Philippines
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org your
a. Accomplished entry form which can be downloaded from
(a separate form is needed for each entry)
b. Three hi-res movie stills in .jpeg format
- The six (6) finalists will be announced on June 29, 2012.
- The selected works will be screened online and during the festival period at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
- The first and the second place will be chosen by the Board of Judges, and an Audience Choice award will be determined via online voting.
- Winners will be announced by July 14, 2012, and the best dance film will be shown during the Wifi Body Festival Closing Gala at the Little Theater, Cultural Center of the Philippines.
What do you think of this contest? Share your comments.